Quantum Computing Solutions Competition: Airbus Aims High. Well-thought out or just great public relations and media control? The web is abuzz with Airbus announcing the Airbus Quantum Computing Challenge . In an attempt to promote a “Quantum Era” in aerospace, the global competition seeks to address numerous business and industrial facets in aerospace.
Airbus presents five specific problem statements and challenges the world to provide solutions using quantum technology. The five problem areas Airbus is challenging the world to solve:
1. Aircraft climb optimization
2. Computational fluid dynamics
3. Partial differential equation solving by quantum neural networks
4. Wingbox design optimization
5. Aircraft loading optimization.
Running through the end of 2019, experts, researchers, start-ups, and academia are sought to lay the foundation for Airbus’ “Quantum Era”.